||2 - 5 days
Quick-release caffeine beverages (coffee, etc.) cause a surge of noradrenaline release in the brain, which makes us more energetic. This sudden release of noradrenaline, however, is followed by what many people experience as caffeine “let-down”, because it depletes its precursor, L-phenylalanine (essential amino acid). This can be solved by taking L-phenylalanine and other noradrenaline factors together with caffeine, which leads to sustained energy levels throughout the day. The reason behind it is the L-phenylalanine that brings about more noradrenaline in the brain.
Blast™ is a high-performance designer product, comprised of caffeine, L-phenylalanine and essential nutrient cofactors. This product can be used for a fast start of a long, hard-driving day of work or play. It also contains citric acid, malic acid, fumaric acid (the substances responsible for the tart flavours in fruit, such as apples, oranges, and cherries), natural flavours and silicon dioxide (mineral dispersant and wetting agent).
L-phenylalanine, together with other Blast™ nutrients, provides raw materials that your brain can use to produce noradrenaline. Noradrenaline is your brain’s natural stimulant, offering you mental energy and get-up-and-go. Your brain is also the place where L-phenylalanine is converted to dopamine (for memory and reward circuitry) and beta-phenethylamine (for increasing the effects of noradrenaline). The L-form of phenylalanine can be converted in your body to another amino acid—tyrosine. Tyrosine, by extension, can be converted into L-dopa, norepinephrine, and epinephrine, which have important functions in brain metabolism.
Amount per Serving
Total Carbohydrate 11 g
Sugars 11 g
Vitamin A (as beta-carotene) 2500 IU
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid and niacinamide ascorbate) 325 mg
Vitamin E (as d,l-alpha-tocopheryl acetate) 30 IU
Thiamine (vitamin B1 as thiamine hydrochloride) 1.5 mg
Riboflavin (vitamin B2) 3 mg
Niacin (vitamin B3 as niacinamide ascorbate) 75 mg
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) 16 mg
Folic acid 100 mcg
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 20 mcg
Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5 as calcium pantothenate) 18 mg
Zinc (as zinc gluconate) 3 mg
Copper (as copper gluconate) 420 mcg
Chromium (as chromium aspartate) 25 mcg
L-Phenylalanine 600 mg
Taurine 200 mg
Glycine 150 mg
Caffeine 80 mg
Polyphenols (from red tea) 50 mg
Other ingredients: fructose, natural flavours, malic acid, silicon dioxide, citric acid and fumaric acid.
Dosage and Use
- For optimal results, to be taken immediately after awakening, on an empty stomach, or approximately one hour before a meal or usual snack time.
- Do not consume more than 2.6 grams of supplemental phenylalanine per day.
- Not for use by children, pregnant or lactating women, persons with the genetic metabolic disorder PKU, psychosis, persons taking prescription MAO (monoamine oxidase) inhibitor drugs, pigmented malignant melanoma cancer patients, those with Wilson's disease, or those who have a violent temper. Not for use by anyone sensitive to any of the ingredients.
- Excessive consumption of L-phenylalanine or caffeine may cause insomnia, especially when taken in the late afternoon or evening. If insomnia occurs, reducing the amount consumed by 1/2 will usually correct the problem.
- If insomnia is a problem, drink BLAST™ only once (1) per day for the first week, and twice (2) per day right after you arise in the morning. During the second week and thereafter, drink it twice(2) per day (upon arising and an hour before lunch).
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- If you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating, please consult your medical practitioner first.